Sunday 7 September 2014

D.I.Y. Sugar Wax! When life gives you lemons.....

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Now this is something I've been meaning to make for a while, but never got round to. It has been praised by many for being less painful than normal wax, easier to use and that it leaves your skin feeling beautiful. The best bit is that you can use it anywhere on your body, as it is formulated especially for sensitive skin. :)


You need: 
6 cups sugar
2 cups water
1 cup lemon juice

Put all ingredients in a non-stick pan and turn on the medium heat. Let it boil and keep mixing with a metal spoon until it turns a bright amber colour (took me about 10 minutes). At this point it should be done and so pour it in your preferred container.


How do you use it? You could either use it like hot wax, heating it first and then spreading it on your skin, or if it is soft enough take some of it from the container and just use it as if it were a strip.

Hope you get on well! xx

3 comments:

  1. I would've never thought to make my own wax--how crafty. I may have to give this a go!

    xRachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, usually find wax quite expensive so good to know it's easy to make your own! :D

    Please check out my blog if you can, I have a new outfit post up and I would love to know your thoughts!

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...