Hi, I'm back!
After the long break I took for my summer holiday, I'm so happy to be posting on my blog again!
One of the things I love the most of this season must be the bright colours of nature, and especially of forest fruits. There is a particular recipe I have enjoyed the most, which is adapted from a Lorraine Pascale recipe, and is sure to please everyone. I find that the light taste of white chocolate and lemon complements the sweetness of the fruits perfectly, and the yoghurt keeps the cake nice and moist- enjoy!
300g self-raising flour
Lemon zest from 2 lemons
3tsp baking powder
150g white chocolate
200g greek yoghurt
150g frozen berries- plus extra for the topping
Icing sugar for the topping
1) Preheat the oven to 170C and line the bottom of a baking tin with baking parchment.
2) Melt the white chocolate in the microwave with the milk.
3) Separately, mix the sugar, oil, yoghurt and lemon zest, gradually add the eggs while mixing.
4) Add the melted chocolate with the flour and baking powder, lastly adding the frozen fruit.
5)Pour everything in the baking tin and bake for 30-40 minutes.
6) When cool, top the cake with berries and add icing sugar.
Doesn't it look lovely and summery? Sure to uplift any mood!!